I know that starting a brand new blog from scratch can be really difficult. Trying to figure out what you really need to grow a successful blog can be confusing if you don't have anyone pointing you in the right directions. Here are some of my favorite blogging resources that helped me start and grow my mom blog from complete scratch. I hope that these links will lead you to make the right decisions for your blog and inspire you to get creative.
Many of these links are affiliates. This means that if you choose to purchase an item through my link, I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. That being said, I only recommend products and services that I actually use and and trust.
- SiteGround – The best host for your website, in my opinion. They have 99.9% uptime, amazing customer service, and affordable prices. See my post A Step By Step Guide To Starting A Blog For Beginners to get detailed instructions for getting started.
- ConvertKit – Having an email list is one of the most important things that you can do for your new blog. ConvertKit has features that help you gain and keep subscribers. They are worth every penny.
- PicMonkey– I use PicMonkey every day. This is where I created my logo, design my pins, and edit my photos for my blog. I absolutely could not do what I do for my blog without PicMonkey.
- Tailwind– Tailwind is an absolute must for me. It is a Pinterest automator that allows me to be active on Pinterest every day without taking hours out of my day manually pinning. When I finally signed up for Tailwind, my page views quickly tripled.
- Restored 316– The most beautiful, responsive, and customizable WordPress themes out there.
- Genesis Framework– This framework is what will drive your site. You can't go without it. Especially if you want a theme from Restored 316.
- Social Pug – One of my favorite Plug-ins for my site, Social Pug makes it easier for my readers to share my content on all the social media platforms.